Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wed/Thurs/Road Trip

So as you may have gathered from my last post, I had a hell of a good time on Wednesday night. The 'players' in the evening included (1st group) CCM, PM and Angela. The second group consisted of PV and his coworkers. What fun, what fun. Need to do that again soon. PV and I have tentative plans for some upcoming Friday nights (when I can get happily late into the evening without worrying about getting up the next morning). I finally started feeling pretty decent around lunchtime, ai yi yi.

Today was all about getting work done so I could take tomorrow off. Yes, I am taking a Friday off to play. I so need it.

Finished the grant today. Have it fully ready to be turned in bright and early in the a.m. I had the TOJ's edition bound and it looks nice. Big ass document, but it does look professionally done. I am a rock star.

Cleaned off the desk, worked on getting some final things together for reporting at the end of Q1.

Talked to the boss, had my one on one. Good meeting, it went well.

Ended up out in the TOJ tonight and had dinner with the Clerk-Treasurer. I had forgotten a publishers' affidavit and that is a big no-no to miss that, so I had to run out there anyway. We had a great talk. I had always thought highly of her husband but after our dinner tonight I think even more of him. Then went to the Rathskeller for awhile to see Sister and Boy Wonder ... and to see Chad Mills play. Good time, PM showed up for a hot minute before he went out with the boys. Nice time, good music. Did not have beer though ... still had work to finish.

So I spent the last 90 minutes at Kinkos making copies. The copymeister. Now I am back home and have printed directions for tomorrow's trip to ....

Cincinnati!

Yes, CCM, Angela and I are road-tripping to Cincinnati to pay homage to IKEA and Jungle Jim's. I have heard that Jungle Jim's wine selection is the thing that good orgasms are made of so I must see it for myself. Am very excited. Of course, IKEA, but that, quite frankly, goes without saying.

After our return tomorrow, I need to focus my sorry butt on cleaning this house for the party on Saturday. I know it is not messy to most people but I am not most people when it comes to my house cleaning OCD issues. So, need to get to it and kick some ass.

Saturday a.m. I am running around with D9 for a little bit, then back home for party hostessing duties. I imagine there will be folks that stick around after the party to help finish off the wine, so I am very excited about having people over. :)

Sunday is the normal. No big whup.

No comments: