Friday, March 7, 2008

Nothing to Report Here, Nothing to Report

I've been sick in bed since Wednesday mid-morning. Nothing real exciting to report except my addiction to Paula Dean's cooking show has been renewed again. God knows I love a woman that uses butter with impunity when cooking.

Yesterday's shows were about cooking for her son Jamie's first wedding anniversary party and a girl party. These are the things I learned: 8 tablespoons of butter in a quiche is not too much, it is just right and heavy cream, grenadine and gin makes a fine girl drink.

Needless to say, I am sure my ass gained five pounds just by watching her show.

Other than that, I settled in with the cats, who were delighted that I was home. We all napped together and we watched some decorating/food network shows.

I am back at work today, feeling good.

This weekend is pretty laid back, although I do have some work to do around home.

Tonight is finish accounting/taxes. I am so over this shit.
Tomorrow I'm headed to the Flower and Patio Show tomorrow with Bev! :)
Then pedicure and brow wax.
Then back home to clean house/laundry.
Sunday is more of same. Next week is the girl party at my house and I need to make sure the house is in order.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

Did you have the flu that is going around?

For a second, I misread that and thought you wrote "Brown Wax." My mind went to weird places...lol

Aleea said...

Yes, had the flu. Just glad to be alive, really.

Your mind is typically in a weird place but that is neither here nor there.