Monday, March 24, 2008

Other Stuff of Record

Went out with the young'un again last night ...

He had asked after our date on Saturday if he could see me again and I had said yes. So he texted me during the Butler game on Sunday and asked if we could go out Sunday night. I say 'yes' and tell him I'll call after the game. After all, I've got hollering at the television to do and my bulldogs are counting on me to shout like hell.

Post game, wearing my crankypants, I tell him we can go out that night but he should be aware that I have laundry to do and need to fix my downstairs toilet first.

What a patient one he is as he took this all in stride.

So he comes over 'round 7 and helps me (read: hands me stuff) fix the toilet. It was a simple repair and was over within a half hour or so with minimal water on the floor. I double checked the repair, no leaks, and we were free to go to dinner.

Had a nice dinner out, got some laughs from a nearby table and our server. Came back to the house, watched some TV and talked. I sent him on his way at 10.

Nice guy, fun night. I suppose I have put up all the barriers again after my experience with 'he who shall not be named.' He and I will go out again later this week barring his travel schedule to Texas for work.

I have another date scheduled with someone else for later this week.

As PM said, fall off the horse seven times, get up eight.

No comments: