Monday, March 31, 2008

The Dark Horse ...

All this talk of my dating trifecta has left friends, like Scully, wondering what is up with the guy formerly known as the 'hot golf guy.'

The answer is: Not Much.

To recap, the hot golf guy and I had a pretty cool start to dating with an immediate attraction and introspection on both of our parts. It was good until ... well, it was bad. He basically went MIA with the excuse that 'work' was all he could think about, had no time for anything else, etc. Until Friday night (we will come back to this), I hadn't seen him in 6 weeks. So, not much. I got tired of waiting for lame excuses and decided to get back into the dating game.

Which brings me, handily, to this weekend.

I had plans with IrishBoy to hit a late movie on Friday night. I had the entire family coming over for Easter (yes, belated) on Saturday so I wanted to get the house in order Friday night and thought a late movie would work with IrishBoy. As it turns out, he had previously scheduled plans to help a friend move on Friday night and said that Sunday would work better for him so we rescheduled to Sunday night.

I was at home, cleaning away when I received a text from the golf guy. He wants to see me.

Hmm, I think. We text back and forth a bit and I tell him to come over.

We spend a couple hours together and I mention to him that I am not happy with the way things have gone and if he wants to date me he needs to show up. We close the discussion with 'he will try better.' As of this point, I have no feelings one way or another it will happen. I've seen what his promises have been in the past and if past behavior is any indicator of future behavior, I'll see him in another six+ weeks. Maybe. Thus he is the dark horse running beside the dating trifecta.

Saturday is a non-stop race to get the house in final order, get cupcakes made, get ham done, etc. for family to show up. It was a decent time although I must admit to biting my tongue on several occasions to avoid more family strife. Most of the bullshit had to do with the young cousin (18) who has procreated with his girlfriend (18) and the care of their young baby (3 months). Debacle. If I think about this too long I will become enraged.

I call the young'un on Saturday late afternoon and invite him over for dinner. I have leftovers for days and just want to drink my wine in peace. I made some oven grilled sandwiches with ham, brie, spinach, grilled onions & mushrooms on sourdough and some salad & deviled eggs for side dishes. Between he and I we finish 2 bottles of wine and have a nice evening. I sent him home around midnight and crawled into bed, knowing I have a date in the morning.

Sunday morning at 10:30, I meet the artist at South Bend Chocolate Company downtown for a coffee (& bagel). We had a nice time but I can say that I hold no great attraction for him. We could be good friends, that is my sense. He wants to do something later this week.

Sunday night's date with IrishBoy is postponed until later this week ...

Went to the gym last night, got a good workout in, then hopped in the pool and swam a bit. After my swim I hung out in the sauna and whirlpool then called it a night.

Insomnia last night thanks to a million racing thoughts. Lots to get done this week.

No comments: