Friday, March 21, 2008

Rant 2.

Before you all think that I've become a screaming, raging beotch of mythic proportions this week, please note that I've been having a pretty good week. Generally caught up on sleep, happy with my life, enjoying the start of spring, hanging out with friends/family, etc. But there are some things which must be said and require a rant.

Wasting my time.

There is nothing quite like wasting my time to make me intensely, emotionally angry. I, like all of you, have a limited amount of time in this world. I can 'make' no more, much like I can 'make' more money, more friends, more plans, etc.

To quote a Van Halen song: "you can spend my money but don't you waste my time. It's my time, my time."

How I choose to spend my time is wisely. I hang out with friends, read, go to the gym, relax, etc. How I choose *not* to spend my time is waiting on someone to show up who doesn't respect my time.

The only good news of the evening was that I spent a lovely dinner and walk with Bev, got to pet a totally cute dog, and finally, finally, caught up to my Indianapolis Star reading. I've been 1-2 days behind all week.

As for the person that wasted my time:

No more. Nada. Not one frickin' minute. Done. Begone!

2 comments:

Malice Blackheart said...

Good riddance. People need to learn to be respectful of other people’s time. Being five minutes late is one thing, but being 3 hours late and then blaming traffic just proves two things. 1) You’re a jackass and you have no respect for other people, and you clearly don’t give a crap about me. 2) You blame outside events for you own ineptitude, which makes you a liar, even to yourself. 3) You make me so mad I lose the ability to count properly. There’s nothing worse than waiting for someone you wanted to express your feelings to, only to discover that she’s a flake, and those feelings can’t possibly be true. Yes, I think we all love a good rant every now and again. It doesn’t make us unhappy people; it just gets us fired up. In a weird way, it’s kinda fun.

Aleea said...

Malice, pleasure to meet you. Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for the 'good riddance.' That is exactly how I felt about it.