Monday, March 3, 2008

Shoes, Bulbs, Garage Clean Out, Iced Tea on the Patio

I had no plans this weekend. I had a few options out there but was feeling the need for 'alone' time.

Friday night I get a call from my Aunt N and Cousin T who reside in Terre Haute. They are over in Plainfield and want to know if I'd like to come to dinner. I say yes, sure, and get in the car. For all of you that bitch and moan about my commute up I-69, I state: Hwy 40 to Plainfield is a greater hell. For one thing, about 300 stoplights, none of which are synched. Secondly, two lanes, each direction with precious little in the way of turn bump-outs ... thus creating a stop situation at nearly every cross-street.

It was awful.

We had a nice dinner but I vowed not to leave the westside until the majority of the traffic had died down ... so consequently left around 8. Headed back home and realized I had my gym clothes in the car. Went to the gym around 9 and sweated my ass off until 10 on the treadmill. Hills were the program, pain was my feeling.

Went home, cashed out.

Saturday morning I woke up, ate breakfast, read the paper and crawled back into bed to read. Sister called to go shoe shopping, so I got myself up and ready to go. We shopped for awhile then met up with Boy Wonder for lunch. After lunch, more shopping. Back home by 3 and off to napland until 7. Got up, hit the gym again and came back home to chill out and read. Bed by 11.

Sunday was GORGEOUS here ... high of 67. I met D9 and Nicholas for lunch at an Indian place and was overjoyed to find they had saag paneer (spinach with goat cheese). YUMMMM. After lunch we went to the park and had intended to watch Nicholas play, however, he had started a pretty serious nap in the car and we were loathe to wake him. So D9 and I sat around and talked for awhile until my phone rang ... it was Alma who was picking up the washer and dryer from my house.

I went home, met Alma and had about a tenth of my garage back in a matter of minutes. It was glorious. I planted the rest of the spring bulbs that I did not get to plant last fall (it was so nasty so quick), swept out the garage and refilled the bird feeders. I also pulled out the patio furniture and parked my happy self on the patio with a big glass of iced tea. It was magnificent. After it got dark I went to the gym again and worked out.

Not much alone time but I did get some things done that I needed done. Feeling much better.

This week is crazy busy again ... hoping to find a moment of sanity before Saturday but that is looking unlikely at this point.

Should be able to drop off taxes by Friday!! :)

No comments: