Friday, March 21, 2008

Brackets, Friday, March Madness, Etc.

A big 'welcome back' to A1 who returns to us from Texas and Mexico after a nice, long spring break. I would be more jealous but: a) I head to FL in a month and b) she is kind enough to house-sit for me while I am gone. Mucho thanks A1. Also, as a side note, the more I think about 'George' and your friend's roommate, the closer I am to not ever wanting sex again. Gah!

So March Madness and Brackets, I am so very there. Today Butler won and Gonzaga lost so I am pretty much in my happy place. I am, like Maestro, so very fucking sick of Butler being referred to as 'Gonzaga of the Midwest' by various sportswriters. As I said succinctly before, Suck It Gonzaga.

I spent some time watching the games. So far on my brackets I suck, but have gotten some games right (WKU vs. Drake) which probably offed others brackets. I also had Gonzaga (of course) going out first round but that is more out of spite than any mythical superpowers I may or may not have.

I plan to watch more games. Oh Happy Athena.

*********************
In other happy news, the Chatterbox downtown is hosting a Dyngus Day celebration on Monday. For those that are not of La Porte or South Bend origin, Dyngus Day is a traditional Polish celebration the day after Easter. In La Porte it is celebrated by a bar crawl complete with City TransPorte doing a 'route' from bar to bar all day/night long. The Tavern Association pays for the City buses to run from tavern to tavern and there are various festivities at each. Talked to Sister, I think we shall Dyngus on Monday at the Chatterbox. Be prepared for another 'dear body' post on Tuesday if that plan goes through. I am already thinking I am woefully understocked in bottled water and ibuprofen.

For those who may be interested in participating, there will be a Polish band there and of course drinks for days. A chance to see yours truly completely smashed and polka-ing is something not to be missed!

*********************
Have a date this weekend ... will keep you all posted if that turns out to be anything worth mentioning. He is a young'un ... and I think I am crazy for saying yes but with recent events of those my own age I must say that it doesn't appear that 'inconsiderate fuckwad assweasel' is limited to any one age or completely removed from another. More later.

*********************
No family Easter this weekend. Family Easter is next weekend at my house. I will welcome any and all family craziness stories on this blog for ridicule/commentary by readers. As for me, I am totally stocking up on booze for next weekend. I will need it.

*********************
Received ridiculously cute pictures of my cousin's children in the mail today by way of Easter card. Cannot believe I am related, even remotely, to anything so adorable.

*********************
I gave a presentation today to about twenty people regarding grants today. It went well, in fact, so well I now have a few meetings next week with various faculty to get some grants started. I am very pleased.

*********************
That is all folks, have a fabulous day and weekend!!

No comments: