Saturday, March 8, 2008

All About Me

Today was all about me.

Got up this morning, practically bounced out of bed. It was going to be a 'me' day and I was in my happy place.

I went to the gym, put in 30 minutes on the bike then another 40 on weights. I started lifting again last week and while I am lifting practically a gallon of milk, I am happy with myself for doing it again. I loved to lift in college (and even took weight training as a gym credit ... along with golf and ballroom dance) but in recent years I have fallen off the wagon in favor of just cardio. While I've maintained a minimum strength level, I am disappointed with myself for just how *little* I am able to lift now. However, looking to the positive, I am lifting again and do enjoy it. When I lift I often think of my former trainer, Chad "the enforcer", at NIFS. He used to kick my ass and now when I get in good form I think of his lessons. Money well spent, even if that knowledge has sat on the shelf a few years.

After the gym, I came home, ate some breakfast, read the paper and got in the shower. Got ready to meet Bev for a much-anticipated trip to the Flower and Patio Show. Soooo beautiful :) I was in need of some 'spring' and the smells and sights of numerous flowers did the trick. I purchased some gerbera daisies (orange) for home ... gerberas are my favorites:) I also purchased Mom's Mother's Day gift. Yes. It's early. But a good deal was to be had and it is something she has wanted awhile. Don't know if she reads this so I'll just say that she will like it!! :)

After F & P Show, met Bev at Castleton Grill for lunch. We had a great time and parted ways way too soon as it was time for my pedicure (!) and brow wax at Aveda. My toes look lovely, btw, and my feet are ever so soft. Love love love pedicures. The brows are much neater as well and I'm glad for it.

After finishing Aveda, I had time to run home for just a hot second before heading *back* to Lifetime to meet up with PM and his kiddos. It is a free family/friends weekend and he has been dying to check it out. The kiddos had a fabu time in the children's play area (with his son requesting I stay and watch them play ... and I did) while PM got the full tour of the place. He is pretty fed up with his gym and constantly waiting in line for equipment (been there, done that, La Porte YMCA and NIFS ... not again!) so I imagine he will be checking out Lifetime pretty closely.

Following the tour, I headed my way and PM/kiddos headed theirs.

Tonight has been about gaining access to my iTunes account and adding some new songs to my iPod. Yeah, I know, I am way too exciting. I should hold back. Picked out about 15 new songs and we shall see how many more I end up adding. :) iTunes may be my new crack addiction.

It is, however, all about me today and I have loved every minute.

Going to go lie in my bed now and read a book. :) Oh Happy Place. Oh Happy Me.

No comments: