Friday, January 8, 2010

What a life I could have led.

Last night, on Facebook, I was checking in on people, reading notes, reading various postings when a chat window came up.

It was TM, my 10th grade boyfriend and now a friend on FB. He has four kids, not married but still with the mother of all four of his kids and lives in Rolling Prairie, the town where I went to elementary school.

It was nice talking to him, even through chat, because it has to be 15 years or so since I saw him last. In fact, I think he only had the oldest (with the second on the way) the last time I saw him.

He works as a truck driver and leads an overall good life. From all appearances, it seems like he really loves his kids and his sweetie, and for this I am grateful.

I went to bed thinking that I could have had that life. I could be living in Rolling with four kiddos and him, doing whatever it is I would have done.

And with that, *poof*, I'm not sorry my life ended up this way. Sometimes the "what ifs" are best left as just that.

1 comment:

Scully said...

AMEN sister AMEN....I could have been the mother of his 5....at this moment....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH