Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Athena attempts Zumba ...

for all of 7 minutes.

Okay, I signed up for a Zumba class at work. Seeing as I get free tuition as of this semester, I thought a class which could be a stress relief is a good choice. Today was the start of class and unfortunately, I had a meeting that ran right over the class, all but the last 7 minutes.

Two observations:

1. I'm gonna sweat like a whore in church in this class

2. I'm just as uncoordinated as I've ever been.

Group fitness classes have never been my forte. The last group fitness class I took was Yoga and I ended up falling over mid-pose, snickering a bit, then when shushed, I began howling with laughter. Needless to say, my Yoga class days were over and my welcome in that class was worn out.

Next Tuesday, 5-6, try again. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Scully said...

this made me laugh so hard, I nearly pissed myself. Picturing you (ahem) *trying to keep up....HILARIOUS...but I love you anyway! Good for you for doing it!!!