Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cold, rainy, dreary

It is cold, rainy and dreary here in the land of sunshine and warmth. I think it only got to maybe 42 today and it rained/drizzled all day long. Still drizzling for that matter. Frost/freeze advisories all over tonight -- in the low 30s/high 20s for the overnight low.

And I'm in Florida? WTF?

I'm relaxing tonight, just taking it easy for the first time in a long time. I've felt like I've chased my tail from Thanksgiving until now, so it is an incredible feeling to just take a moment, relax and not worry that I'm late, busy or otherwise occupied.

I have two sleeping kitties beside me, happily taking their usual places and curling up in a ball. Inside the house I keep it in the mid-60s, so they are a little chilly. Earlier this week they were both whining/crying to go "out" -- on the lanai -- and after a few visits outdoors and a few sets of very chilly paws, the whining/crying has stopped. Both seem satisfied that I'll open the door again when it is warm enough.

Thinking about tomorrow, what I'd like to accomplish and what I will accomplish. Tonight is nothing but vegetation.

No comments: