Monday, January 11, 2010

Jobs I Don't Want (part 9,000,000)

Every now and again I hear of jobs I don't want and mentally file them away.

Today I saw (via FB) a job that I don't want. "Practice break-thru-the-ice-to-be-rescued-person." My friend Jay (blogauthor of Plays With Sirens) did that exact job today and posted some pictures on FB of his adventures.

I saw the pictures and nearly developed hypothermia just from looking at them. Other jobs I don't want, in no particular order:
  • gasteroentrologist
  • podiatrist
  • proctologist
  • sanitation engineer
  • civil engineer for wastewater systems
  • waitress
  • customer service representative

just to name a few. The list is long.

***************

27 degrees this morning. You could have hung a wool coat on my nipples today. (TMI, I know, but SERIOUSLY) I went home and got a sweater at lunch -- although I was told the office was heated today, I was born at night but not last night. It is only since about 2 that it has felt like any heat is on whatsoever. Yes, dear northern friends, there are furnaces here. Used infrequently, but there are furnaces.

***************

Getting excited for my quick getaway to Key West this weekend :) I leave on Friday morning, return Saturday night. :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

It actually isn't that cold...the suits are very warm, and the best part, dry. I actually got colder when I got out of it because of working up a sweat. But I understand your lack of desire to jump in a frozen lake.

Aleea said...

Thanks Jay. I'm glad you do what you do -- and what all your firefighters in arms do -- but I really like being warm.