Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday at home

I love being home on Sundays.

I suppose it stems from kidhood, when Sundays were a time of family visits, doughnuts at Grandma's and Charlie Chan on Channel 9 (WGN) -- plus a little Godzilla if we were lucky enough to stay late enough in the afternoon.

I reorganized the linen closet today as well as under my sink. I can't say it has made an overall big deal impression on the place, but it makes me feel better. Also -- I'm less likely to die from taking expired meds now. God Only Knows why I chose to pack meds that expired in 2007 rather than just pitch them in Indy. I remember packing the linen closets in Indy but I don't know for the life of me why I didn't throw those things out.

Finishing laundry now, getting things organized and ready for the week. I put away the clothes I've washed this week so far, with one basket still to go.

Next is hauling out trash, recycling and a few things to the storage bin. I stuck my head out briefly this morning to assess the weather (brrr) and haven't gotten brave since.

Might go see a movie lately -- I want to see Young Victoria and I'm not sure anyone else I know would like to, so 'tis me and a movie.

No comments: