Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions completed

I managed to hit all three of my resolutions yesterday and I'm on my way to meeting my resolutions today too -- it feels good to know I'm making a change in my life for the better.

Today was mildly exciting from the start. Last night, I was out with Mary and KC and we had parked our cars at a local gas station before going out for the night. Lee had agreed to pick up Mary and I, while KC's husband was driving her home. It seemed like the perfect plan -- and avoidance of a DUI is very important to me.

So this morning I get up around 7 at Mary and Lee's house and walk about a mile to get my car. When I arrive, my car and Mary's car are both gone. Clearly not stolen, as both cars are gone. Towed. Yep. Luckily enough, the tow truck company was nice enough to pick me up at the gas station, take me to get the cash necessary and deliver me to my car at the impound lot. $160 later, it was the most expensive night out I've had in a long time. I will need to be on a budget for a while now to make up for the lost funds but ultimately it was better to spend the $160 than wake up in the Lee County lockup. I've never looked very good in orange or horizontal stripes.

I'm doing laundry now, getting the house in order before I return to work tomorrow. After two weeks off, I'm actually ready to go back as twisted as that sounds. I need to put a few more plans into place for the new year and find that elusive house I'll buy at some point this year. I have about five months left on my lease so it is time I found something.

Also ... texted back and forth with Rugby last night. I'm not sure we will ever be where we were, but I also hate having unpleasantness between myself and anyone I've dated. If and when there is ever more to report, I will.

No comments: