Monday, January 18, 2010

Long weekend ...

I was delighted to have today off work.  I had some things I wanted to get done around the house and an extra day off provides that wonderful incentive to get those tasks done. 

Those tasks included: spray painting a bike basket that I want to install on my bike, planting new flowers for my patio, planting new herbs (the last ones were frozen out), doing some moderate cleaning and getting a workout in.

With the gardening I did, plus 20 minutes on Wii Fit, I feel like I got my workout in.  I did boxing on Wii Fit and I must say, I was definitely panting after my workout.  I'm sure I could have done more and will do more but it was nice to just get in that 40 minutes of workout for today.

The new petunias (red, white, purple) look gorgeous on my porch.  The new herbs are settling in nicely.

I also helped Mary put together a cornice board today for Mary and Lee's rear patio door.  I must say, for my never attempting a cornice board upholstry before, it looks mighty good.  I am proud of myself. 

Getting the house ready for some upcoming friend visits ... am so excited for their arrival :)

Tomorrow night is Zumba again.  Wish me luck. 

No comments: