Thursday, January 28, 2010

Total Brain Dump

Some stuff has been stewing in my brain this week, so this won't be a logical progression ... just a moment where I empty out what has been cluttering the dark recesses of my brain.
********

Today is Hex's birthday.  He's 46 today.  I've been thinking about this all week, as six years ago today I threw a hell of a party for him (and his identical twin brother) with friends and family surrounding us.  So much time has passed, so much water under that bridge.  I wish him well ... and hope he finds what he is looking for AND is willing to make the changes necessary to bring about happiness in his life.

Today is also my friend Steve's birthday.  He would have been 63 today.  I'll be calling Luana today to tell her I am thinking of her and that I miss Steve too.

I am apparently super duper hot to men in their 50s.  Last night was a guy who is 51, a couple of kids ten years younger than I am.  Great guy, rather cute but too old for me.  I did wrangle him into a donation for my employer, so not all was lost. 

I head off to Tallahassee next week for four days.  I travel on Monday, super-shmoozing on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in a conference, then return Thursday night.  I've never been to Tallahassee, not sure what to expect, but can mark off another state capitol off my list.

I need to up my 401k contribution.  Maybe writing this down will finally trigger me to get that done.

I am shocked and amazed that a man was pulled out of the rubble in Haiti on Tuesday.  Two Freaking Weeks in the rubble.  WTF are the odds? 

I heard someone use Whiskey Tango Foxtrot for WTF the other day and laughed.  Hard.

Lots of outside-the-immediate-family drama going on right now.  Nothing really to say about that except: 1) not unexpected and 2) not surprising.

Ate some crazy good food yesterday at lunch in LaBelle, FL.  Flora and Ella's restaurant.  Down home cooking and pie, OMG, the pie.  I had peanut butter pie yesterday and nearly had to excuse myself to lie down.  It was that good.

Work continues to go well.  I still love my job, still love what I do.  I'm super blessed.

Received the blessing of my boss to go ahead and apply to grad school for my Ph.D.  She said we'd work out my work schedule so that I can go.   I have been turning mental cartwheels ever since.

1 comment:

Scully said...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.....now you're talking my language :)