Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh Dear Mary

Just when you think awkward conversations with your parents are a thing of the past --

this morning, talking to Mom as I do every morning, Mom says: "What happened to Rugby? I haven't heard you mention him in awhile."

After a short answer to that question, Mom then says "Have you tried eHarmony?"

Okay, seriously. I have tried it in the past, and it provided me two of the worst dates in recorded history ever attended by any two people at any one time. Oh, and both of those dates occurred in one weekend and shortly after that, I cancelled my eHarmony subscription because: a) I'm not a complete sadomasochist and b) paying for introductions to people that are completely and utterly WRONG for me isn't my idea of a good time.

I had some good conversations this weekend with C and T regarding marriage and kids ... both of them would have their kids all over again but wouldn't get married again. Interesting.

So -- dating. I guess with how things ended with Rugby, I'm just not in the mood to date. I felt betrayed and stupid -- neither are feelings I wish to have at any time. For now, I'm just gonna enjoy my life and not worry about dating.

*sigh* When your mother feels like she needs to input on your pitiful lack of dating, the level of pathetic has reached a new basement.

No comments: