Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hoarders

One of my new favorite shows is Hoarders on A&E. Monday nights at 10 p.m., Hoarders shows the interiors of homes inhabited by those who hoard and their families.

Honestly, it is shows like this that kick up my OCD to nearly unreasonable levels. I feel the urge to go through every drawer, cabinet, shelf, item in my house just to ensure I don't have anything that isn't trash or needs to be trash. It astounds me to watch the show but at the same time, I've known a few hoarders.

My Uncle D was one. The entire garage was filled with boxes of who-knows-what, along with the basement. It was always astounding to see his piles of stuff that he found so important they could not be thrown away, but he could not seem to rid himself of anything either.

Last night's show showed two hoarders -- one with the full blown disorder and the other with hoarder-lite tendencies that could turn out to be hoarder-like the future.

It just gets me jittery thinking about it.

No comments: