Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mean Girls Biggest Loser

So when FitnessNerd and the rest of the Mean Girls first suggested a Biggest Loser competition, my first thought was: No Fucking Way am I publishing my weight to the world. Lord have mercy, I don't even want to see that number myself.

Then I started thinking about my birthday resolutions I had made to myself. One had to do with spending more time with friends and the other had to do with my health. So, I sucked it up, agreed to be part of the Biggest Loser with the Mean Girls, and moved on.

The first weight was due on January 7. The only thing I knew about my weight on January 7 was that: a) it was not my highest weight ever (amen) and 2) the whole world would know. So it was published, I was personally horrified to see it in print, and then went on with my week. Knowing that a second weight was due the following Monday, I was determined, through word and deed, to make sure the number went down, not up.

I lost two pounds the first week. Yeah Me!!

Now I approach week 3. I don't get on the scale at any other time but Monday morning right after peeing and right before I shower, i.e. naked and bereft of any extra fluids.

This week has been hard for me because I have been so worn out by work and have probably eaten more than I should. I did, however, get back into the gym and sweat my butt off. Case in point, this morning.

I was working out and listening to my iPod as I read the news via closed captioning on the televisions in the gym. I had the iPod on shuffle ... whatever came on, came on, I listened to it. Then I heard Mary J. Blige singing Beautiful Day from her No More Drama CD. I listed to that twice this morning, just letting the lyrics wash me away into the land of bliss. There is something about that song that just strikes a chord for me these days -- perhaps it is the message of being thankful, perhaps it is the message that 'your life is good.' Not sure.

Now getting ready to start my day. I'm headed out with D9 today to lunch and a trip to Half Price Books -- hoping to find my next book club/wine club selection there today and save a few bucks.

Love to all.

No comments: