Monday, January 28, 2008

Emailed the Legislators

Rep. Brian Bosma is my state rep, Sen. James Merritt is my senator. Dear Lord, I do live north. Someone save me.
**************************************
Dear Rep. Bosma:
I am disturbed and displeased to hear of the recent amendment to HJR-1 by Rep. Turner of Gas City regarding gay marriage.
As I assume you are aware, the Indiana State Constitution already prohibits gay marriage. Thus, an amendment to the constitution making gay marriage illegal is not only unnecessary but a waste of your precious time as a legislator.
It is important for this sessions' legislature to focus on property tax relief for homeowners and businesses alike. Any other work which stands in the way of this very important task is not only wasteful but is ignoring the will of your constituent base.
Focus on property tax reform and use your influence to encourage Rep. Turner to remove this amendment from HJR-1.
Sincerely,
Athena

No comments: