Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

I did something last night I should have done a month ago.  It took me that long to really wrap my mind around it, accept it was something I needed to do for me and make it happen.

Sometimes I just really need to think things through.

And other times -- acceptance is what sucks most.

Finally -- making it happen can make me absolutely breathless, but I always know I've done the right thing by one measure:

How did I sleep last night?*

Like a child.  


_____________

* for those that know me well, you know that insomnia is an ongoing battle in my life.  Waking up and staying up happens fairly often for me.  The sheer fact that I didn't wake up last night "wondering if I did the right thing" leads me to a very happy place today.  

No comments: