Monday, February 28, 2011

A funny thing, this writing ...

Some days I think, "this would make an awesome blog post" something like ten times.  Other days I think, "meh." 

Today was "awesome blog post" day. 


Yes, this is a view from outside my office, today.  February 28, 2011 at approximately 2:25 p.m., I took this photo with my Blackberry. 

I only wish the smell had come through, as the freesia (the purple flowers) were simply intoxicating in their fragrance.  It is 83ish degrees here, light breeze, sunshine, no clouds, simply brilliant blue skies.

It is days like this that I am profoundly thankful for my moment of clarity two years ago, when I knew it was time to move, time to start over, time to spring forth with my own blossoms. 



The reflection pond at work, with its many koi and one single blossoming waterlilly.

The phrase "bloom where you are planted" resonates with me, as I know from my own experience in gardening and planting bulbs that each bulb, despite coming from the same lineage, same garden plot and same bulb distributor, reacts differently when put into the soil.  All can be planted in the same soil, with the same watering schedule and same amount of sunlight or shade and some bloom, some double their foliage in size and some die.    

I blossomed here.  I found my own way, found the direction to take in my own life, both personally and professionally.  I learned that I am my own biggest cheerleader. 

But most of all ... I found my sense of peace.  My happiness, long lost, was found.  My attitude now?  I think this license plate says it all ...


No comments: