Friday, July 18, 2008

My final day in Stockholm (for now)

I must admit right away that I am a dirty old woman. 'Dirty old woman?', you say. Yes, that's me, a dirty old woman.

The bartender in the hotel is named Oscar. He is all of 19 years old. Hot Hot Hot.

Dirty old woman, me.

Anyhoo, today was the last full day in Stockholm. We take off on a plane at 1:00 tomorrow (approximately 7 a.m. for you folks in Indy), and return to Indy at about midnight tomorrow night. Yes, I will be dragging like none other.

I will say I have purchased a ridiculous amount of stuff here in Sweden but have enjoyed each and every minute.

Today was supposed to be a palace tour and tour of city hall, but instead we toured Sodermalm, the southern part of Stockholm where many immigrants to the U.S. came from and likely our relatives. It was known as a poorer, working-class area and my family was just that. We did get to see some pretty interesting sights and really hiked our way through the city. It was a good day. I purchased a few more things, as I am not sure that Sweden has fully taken advantage of my dollars yet ;) (kidding, kidding, I have spent plenty here, but enjoyed every last moment)

Anyhoo, I head back tomorrow and will spend Sunday in bed and doing laundry. I'll be back to my (semi-) normal self on Monday.

See you all next week or shortly thereafter. Sister and I are headed north to La Porte in the beginning of August for a visit. Jay: perhaps we can see you, Jen and Sharkboy while we are there? Scully, you are welcome to stay at my house anytime girlfriend. Mean Girls, I am sure each one of you want me to send you a Sven. The problem is choosing. How about I import all the men here to there? ;)

4 comments:

Jay said...

You just give us a little lead time and we can make up a reason to have you over to the house for drinks and general anarchy...I am a little excited now. I hope we can make a visit happen.

Aleea said...

Me too!!! Bring on the general anarchy!

Scully said...

awwwww I want in on the anarchy (in my whiniest voice possible)

Aleea said...

Scully, you know you are invited whenever anarchy is present. Standing invitation my dear!!