Wednesday, July 9, 2008

41 hours until I get on a plane

Okay, so the freak out fairy will shortly be visiting my world.

Why?

Although I leave for Sweden in something like 41 hours, I've yet to think about what I'm packing, figure out what suitcase I am packing and haven't updated my prescriptions yet. Yes, yes, Athena is well behind the 8 ball at this time.

Tomorrow is work (okay, so just basically cleaning my desk and getting stuff out the door), then dinner with D9, then hair appt. with Evolution, then Mom is in town, then I need to pack. I'm sure I'll pack and repack at least 1/2 dozen times before we actually leave anyway, as I am apt to rethink the wardrobe, shoes, underwear, you name it at least 10 times before I actually commit to any one thing. Angela, is this what it is like to have ADD? I already have some low-level OCD which is showing up in every possible way BUT packing right now.

I am thinking a hearty Bombay Sapphire and Tonic while packing will ease any concerns I may have.

The good news is, though, we don't actually leave for Atlanta (then nonstop to Stockholm) until Friday afternoon. This leaves me with some time for general piddly-farting around on Friday morning. God knows I'll probably need every damn minute.

You should see posts on here from Sweden if I can get access to a computer. I imagine I will be able to do that ... if not, you'll get sufficiently overwhelmed when I return.

No comments: