Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mean Girls head to Vegas, I am here.

So the Mean Girls are now on a plane somewhere over the middle of the country, probably already forcing the flight attendants/pilots to stop midway to reup the alcohol supply on the plane. Gurls, I want full reports from all of you. Blanche, you are excused as you will likely never update your blog again, as 'nothing of interest' has caught your attention in 3 months+.

I'm here, thinking that in one week, two days, I'll be on a plane to Atlanta first, then nonstop to Stockholm from there. It has finally started to sink in that my passport acquisition of 2006 will not be for naught. Mom has started to get excited and I think Sister and I are just marking off all the crap we need to get done before leaving. BTW, it is a lot of crap. *sigh*

Went to a splash park in Carmel last night with D9 and his son, Nicholas. Nicholas is two and very vocal about his world -- he can identify letters and loves to make commentary about his surroundings. Last night at the splash park he announced: "I like wet" which was good, considering our location :) Then D9 asked him in the car if he was chilly and he said no. Then D9 asked him if he was moist. Nicholas responded with "I'm just Nick." The D9 asked if he was damp. Nicholas said again, more firmly this time, "I'm just Nick, Daddy." We were howling. Nothing like a two year old's indignation that points out you are obviously a complete idiot. Good times.

Today is a day without meetings at work. I am delighted beyond words.

No comments: