Thursday, January 27, 2011

Counting my blessings ...

It is the little things, I've always heard said, that matter the most.

Given how Hoosier Guy and I started together, in the middle of his divorce, and given how his ex has used every opportunity to lambaste me to her family, friends and children (and not to mention all of Facebook), I expected that the Hoosier Guy's kiddos might not be so amenable to meeting me. To knowing me. Hell, to knowing I exist, to be honest.

Hoosier Guy picked up his youngest this afternoon from school. Apparently YK (Youngest Kid) asked his dad when I was coming to town next, he wanted to meet me. Then he tells his dad that he wants to talk to me. Hoosier Guy calls me and absolutely floors me with the request that YK wants to speak to me. So we did, and we talked for a few minutes about the fun they'd have together today.

I am speechless. Which is why I'm writing this.

Hoosier Guy has told me all along his kids are awesome, great, friendly, fun and wonderful to be around. Now I'll get to meet them. At their request, no less.

Wow.

Floored.

No comments: