Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pushing Rope Up A Hill

There are times, indeed, where I feel like I'm pushing rope up a hill at work.  Case in point, lately I've been asked to show a "task list," a "grant list" and a biweekly report all for the sole purpose of proving I do something. 

This frustrates me.

I'm not paid hourly.  I am often at work in excess of 50 hours a week.  It isn't unusual for my day to start at 8 and end at 7 a few times a week.  It isn't unusual for me to work weekends.  

But now there is a new sheriff in town, and although I like him, I feel like I'm punching a clock.  Which is fine, btw, just pay me overtime if you are going to treat me like a slackoff, do-nothing moron on a daily basis.

I have six months left in my contract.  9 weeks from today I should know what schools have accepted me thus allowing me to determine where I'm going.  Mary and Lee's kiddo is due in May, and I'm not leaving before seeing the baby. 

So yeah. 

Waiting.  Seems to be the name of my game these days.

No comments: