Monday, January 3, 2011

Well hello there 2011, welcome?

My last news of 2010 was delivered via Sister via FB postings from friends -- an acquaintance from Indy (I knew him, he knew me, but to say we were "friends" is probably pushing it) had died.  So Fuck You 2010 -- the body count for last year of friends and family was low and you just had to kick it up one to be hateful.  Love and sympathy to my friends and RIP Dannon.  You always greeted me with a smile, a hug and a kiss -- the world will miss your bright smile and infectious laughter. 

*******************************

Bring on 2011!

Potential Jury Duty tomorrow.  I will know later today.

Upcoming trip to Chi for a baby shower for friends Mary & Bob and bay-bay Elizabeth.  Good times.

Friends scheduling their spring trips to my humble abode -- the guest room awaits!

Thinning the herd on "stuff" and making more and more trips to Goodwill. 

Ten weeks until I know what I'm doing with my existence -- mid March will be the approximate timeframe for admissions  to my schools.  Here's to hoping!

and the Gonzo Mama herself is expanding her repertoire of all things good with http://www.sexyveganmama.com/  -- so do yourselves a favor, check it out and be enlightened.  Love to you Sister and best of luck in your new web-home.

2 comments:

Christina-Marie Wright said...

So, I've seriously slacked off on my blog reading while I write this cookbook. Still, I can't help but watch my blog stats, no matter how busy I am - mostly because I'm a self-centered bitch like that who needs the affirmation.

What do I see coming across the analytics for my brand-new blog (that has recycled stuff from my old blog, to be fair)?

Oh, my, my. Oh, hell yes. Baby, put on that party dress... Folks are coming to SexyVeganMama.com from Athena's blog! Woot!

Thanks for being my pimp and all that. Also, we're going to Puerto Rico in March and Mr. Wright asked me who we know in Fort Myers. I said, "HONEY! Athena's in Fort Myers! Duh!" Except I didn't say "duh," because that would be rude.

And so I guess the big question is: Are we going to miss each other in Florida?

Also? I triple-dog dare you to come to UW. How perfectly awesome would THAT be?

xoxo
Sexy Vegan Mama
aka The Gonzo Mama
aka Christina-Marie
aka Nutty Mom with Identity Issues

P.S. - Does "foodie" imply "cook?" Just wondering. 'Cause, you know, I'd love to have you test some of my dessert recipes for the cookbook and blog about them so I could include your blog in the list of awesomeness that will be in the book... (You're already in the list of awesomeness in my head and heart, yo!)

Aleea said...

Hey Sexy Vegan Mama, I do cook and those Christmas goodies you listed in your blog really called to me. I am planning on trying them out for myself.

Whilst I'm not vegan (nor vegetarian for that matter), I would love to learn some new receipes for foodstuffs. One of my pledges to myself this year is to eat more veggies and fruits (and, thus, less meat), so yes, I'd be glad to be your test kitchen if need be.

Love the new blog ... and love to you my friend.