Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lookin' for some inspiration ...

http://mylittleapartment.blogspot.com/

Oh dear readers, I am in lovvvvvvvvvvveeeeee with this website.  Let me count the ways:

1. Set in Chicago (ahhhh)
2. Cool design goodies (mmmmm)
3. Thrift shop shopper (amen!)

Really, readers, that is all I look for.  Someone in love with their space (and location), good design and definitely a bent towards the "deal" as if I got any cheaper, I'd be demanding shit for free all the time.  as if I don't, but I digress.

I love a thrift shop find.  Here in Florida, there are plenty of thrift shops.  All priced at rates well above "new" at times.  Frustrating.  I like a deal.  I like a bargain.  I like to feel like I damn near stole the item, I got such a good deal.  Cheap?  Yep.  Thrifty?  You bet.  Saving money like a fool?  Yeppur. 

So reading this site and seeing some of the good stuff that the author found for a freaking steal makes me jealous. 

Will I end up in Chicago? 
Will I end up in DC?
Will I end up in Bloomington?
Will I end up in Portland?

Only time will tell -- and I got a whole LOT of stuff that will go on Craigslist before that day -- this move is gonna be streamlined like nobody's business.

I've held a yardsale.
I have dropped countless items off at Goodwill, with countless more to go.
I will post furniture on Craigslist.

The move, to God Only Knows Where, is coming together.  The herd will be thinned.  Amen.

2 comments:

my little apartment said...

oh wow, thanks!! keep comin' back to visit, cause I'm posting a house-tour of my place soon, where I'll tell you about how everything I have was basically free on c-list. well, not eeeeverything, but like...a lot.

Aleea said...

Wow! Thanks for dropping by. I will keep on checking out your site and enjoying the view!