Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Week That Was

From last Thursday night (before Easter) to today has been a blur. 

I was in Venice with Lu, Riverview with Dad & Stepmom and back again.  Sent off my taxes (yea, I know ... my accountant is paid well, don't cry for him), rearranged my storage bin, worked on three grants (almost wrote two there ... that is the kind of week it has been), learned that my grad school app has been sent to the department for review and approval, got a manicure, got my eyebrows waxed, got a pedicure, did loads and loads of laundry, took some naps and had a pretty sizable migraine. 

Some general updates  ....

The Handy Guy is just a friend.  Made that clear the last time we saw each other.
I've been thinking of Jason a lot lately.  More on that in a minute.
Feel re-energized in my job. 
Watered the garden at Mary & Lee's ... only a few short weeks away from green beans and peas.

So, Jason.
Things ended last summer when I told him I didn't see things going any farther.  He lives in Indy, I live here, not likely I'll move back.  During these last few weeks of watching sports, I thought a lot about our time we spent together, enjoying basketball, football, NASCAR and IndyCar.  In many ways, we were well-matched.  We liked many of the same things and genuinely enjoyed each other.  On the negative side ... we'd been together a year and from what I could tell, it wasn't going anywhere.  Given I want kids ... and that I seem to not get younger each year ... not a good combo.

But that doesn't mean I don't miss him.  I do.  He's a great guy.  *sigh*

No comments: