Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Headache, Hearing Loss in One Ear and Everything is Okay

I watched the game last night at Shoeless Joe's Sports Bar, which is connected to the Crowne Plaza here in FM.  I noted on the Butler Alum website that this was the "official" location of the Butler Alums gathering and I tell you, that place was CRAZY busy. 

I got there early, around 8, just in case it was going to get busy.  I was glad I did, as I was able to order my beer and pizza in peace and just enjoy the pre-game shows.  There weren't an overwhelming number of Butler alums there, but the crowd was all Butler all the time. 

I ended up spending the second half with Aaron and Christy of Carmel, and their son Adam.  Christy is a Butler alum ('85, I think, pharmacy) and we ended up shouting, stomping and enjoying the game together.  It was incredible. 

I'm sorry Butler lost ... but so proud of their play.  They did it the Butler Way.

Now I need to take another couple of aspirin and hope that the ringing in my left ear ends soon.  Aaron sure had a set of lungs on him.

No comments: