Friday, April 1, 2011

6 Word Fridays: Again

This week’s Six Word Fridays topic! In enough time for you to actually plan ahead! The topic is: AGAIN. Go again? See again? What do you want to do again? Be again? Again and again and again…


If I've not said it before, I'll say it AGAIN -- Thanks Melissa, I love this challenge to my creativity.

*************************
Again? I think, as I pass
another day, another hour, another moment
without word, of the one thing
I want to know most - again
pacing towards the mailbox, again denied.
When will the word reach me?
When will my life begin again?
What keeps me from starting again --
without word, without notice, without knowing?

It was that moment May 2010
knowing, feeling, reaching, deliberating all while
staring at Mount Rainier.  Starting over again.
Pursuing another degree -- again -- for me.
Making my way, pushing forward again.
That unyielding voice speaking, telling, shouting
AGAIN.  Begin anew. Find yourself refreshed,
renewed, rejuvenated -- again.  Opportunity knocks. GO!
So I wait, (im)patiently once more.
Never have I watched for the
post office truck so closely, intently.
Bring me news. Bring me next.
As I start over, once again.

********************

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the waiting is the worst! It's tough not to know what comes next!

melissa said...

Hoping your wait is soon over!
Best of luck with starting again.

(Also: I'm so glad you enjoy our Fridays!) :)

Juliana said...

How nerve-wracking, and yet exciting. Good luck!

a li'l bit squishy said...

I am not good at this kind of waiting. Hope it brings you only the best of news and new adventures!

Anonymous said...

yeah, waiting=yuck
good luck

Anonymous said...

I hope your wait is over soon! And that positive news comes your way! :)

Templeton's fury said...

suspense is a killer! thx for this