Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finding my muse.

There have been a number of things lately that have struck my fancy but none enough to warrant a blog post.

I don't know when I began thinking that this blog has to be read-worthy each and every post. I mean, can't some of it just be ramblings of an unfocused mind? Thoughts of a nut? Loopy thoughts from too early in the morning?

Here's some of my main issues of late. This isn't to say they've replaced my former issues, or that they are my only issues, but ... well, you get the picture or you don't.

1. I've been sick this year way more than any other year of my life. I'm not sure what the deal is. The sicknesses have either been gastro-intestinal or migraines. This weekend was most definitely gastro-intestinal. I will not get into any more details than that, it has been unpleasant. That is fair to say.

2. I've felt a little lost lately. Wondering about my place in the world. General naval-gazing.

3. The weather has been shit. Yes, yes, there have been a few good days, but overall, let me just say that this winter has been 500% longer than I cared for it to be. Here in Indy it is generally 'decent' by the first weekend of March and not cold/butt-ass miserable until late December. For some jacked-up reason, the winter began around late October/early November and hasn't let up yet. My birdbath had ice in it this morning. I AM OVER ALL THIS CRAPPY WEATHER. There, I said it. Not that I'm in charge or anything, it is what it is.

4. I am tired a lot. Probably because of aforementioned GI issues, maybe because of stress. Either way, I'm tired and it isn't getting any easier to get up in the morning.

5. I'm not at the gym as I should be. That is on my list for this week.

What I really need is for Keith Urban to serve me umbrella drinks. That would make me happy.

No comments: