Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heading back to Hoosierland

Two weeks from today, I'm bound for Indiana.  I haven't been back "home" since December, so it has been more than awhile since my last visit. 

The good news is that I'm catching up with family and friends at one big party at Mom's house on the 3rd.  She has a gathering each year on the 3rd of July with plenty of food and fun -- and it will be nice to do some visiting all at once, rather than fifty visits all around La Porte County.  I hate to be a whiner, but seriously, once I've traveled 1400 miles, get off your ass and come visit ME.

One of the required visits is to my Grandma.  Dad's mom is 91, going on 92 this fall, and is getting shorter and failing more each year.  She still gets around fine, does a small garden and whatnot, but it is clear that the years of having her around are growing shorter too. 

Some of the other visits will include dinner with the Big Gay Mafia, lunch with some former Ivy colleagues/friends on Monday and general merriment. 

Can't believe it has been so long since I've been there, but it will be good to get back.

No comments: