Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two weeks ...

Hello out there!

In two short weeks I will wrap up my first year of doctoral work.  Yes.  I can hardly believe it, speak it or even think it. 

What I dreamed of in May 2010 at my dear friend Anna's house is now not only reality, but beyond all my wildest dreams and imagination.

A couple of things ...

yes, I'm alive
no, I still don't have free time yet
yes, I'm ready to be done for the year
no, I am not taking the summer off
yes, I'm writing a paper with one of my professors where I will be *lead* author.  (so excited!)
no, I don't know how long it will take to churn out
yes, I'm hoping it will be published and I'll get some conference presentations out of it.
no, it's probably not a topic you'd find interesting
yes, I find it interesting (social security disability claims)
no, I haven't lost my mind, I do think it is interesting.
yes, you'll hear all about it.  A million times probably.

No comments: